Job Description: Arboricultural Consultant
Crown Tree Consultancy seek to employ a full-time arboricultural consultant as part of our team. We are an expanding consultancy with clients in the public and private sectors. Currently, we employ four consultants and four administrative staff. We have a reputation for producing comprehensive and intelligible reports. We are proud of our high level of customer satisfaction which is reflected in our repeat business customer feedback.
Your work shall involve tree surveying and report writing for various project types. These include:
- BS5837 reports, Impact Assessments and Method Statements.
- Large and small-scale tree condition surveys and management recommendations.
- Surveying sites within London, South England and the Midlands.
- TPO objections, advice and pruning specifications.
- Subsidence risk assessments.
- Ongoing vegetation-related subsidence investigations.
- Tree planting schemes.
- Decay detection using sonic tomography and resistance drilling.
- Root surveys.
- Monitoring of development sites and overseeing specified works in Root Protection Areas.
The successful applicant shall have all (or most) of the following:
- UK driving license and a suitable vehicle.
- Willingness to travel and spend occasional nights away from home.
- A pleasant and professional manner when dealing with clients.
- Ability to write succinctly and professionally.
- Good English language skills are essential.
- A recognised arboricultural qualification at level 5 or above.
- Experience within the arboricultural industry (private and/or public sectors).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and CAD programs.
- A good understanding of TPO regulations.
- The ability to self-manage workloads and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of British Standards 5837 and 3998.
- Understanding of vegetation related subsidence.
- A Lantra Professional Tree Inspection certificate.
- A good understanding of tree physiology and biomechanics.
- Professional memberships.
- QTRA training.
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful applicant will receive the following:
- Comprehensive training via a combination of home, site and office learning.
- Competitive salary (depending on qualifications and experience).
- Twenty-eight days annual paid holiday.
- Highly flexible working hours to suit.
- Employer contribution towards your chosen pension scheme.
- Paid CPD opportunities.
- Annual book allowance.
- Workwear allowance.
- 50p per mile travel costs.
- Remuneration of all survey costs.
- Glasses and eye test contribution.
- All survey and IT equipment will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Detail your experience and qualifications with particular reference to all of the core competencies specified above. Trainee candidates are welcome to apply as well as experienced or senior arborists. Salary shall be competitive, negotiable, and appropriate for your level of experience and location. If you have any queries about the role or wish to introduce yourself, please feel free to call the office on 01422 316660.
"Excellent company to work with. Ivan was very professional and detailed in his survey, giving helpful recommendations and insight in to what would be needed in the Arboricultural Tree Impact report. Emma was very helpful and fast to respond with the report that we need for a planning application. The report was excellent and very detail. Would definitely recommend and work with them again. 10/10 guys."
Kevin Walker, 15/1/18, Submitted to Google
"Very professional company and Emma Hoyle was very knowledgeable. We received regular updates without prompting which appears to be very rare nowadays. Would recommend them without hesitation. With their help we also obtained the result we were looking for with regard to our tree enquiry which is always a bonus. Great!"
Alan Rathbone, 01/08/18, Submitted to Google
"I have been extremely pleased working with Crown Trees. Emma Hoyle was my consultant and I have to say she is major asset to their business, an absolute joy to work with, quick and reliable. I definitely will be using Crown Trees in the future."
Core Gym, 20/02/18, Submitted to Google
Please fill in the quote request form and we will get back to you with a free, no obligation quotation.
Alternatively you can email or call using the details below.
Monday to Thursday 9 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 9 am - 4:30 pm
Feel free to leave a message anytime and we will call back at the earliest opportunity.